On Apr 15 14:20:02, Ted Roby wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:40 PM, frantisek holop <min...@obiit.org> wrote:
>
> > hi there,
> >
> > with the april 13 snapshot i get "fluctuations"
> > in the volume level and audible cracks and glitches
> > when have e.g. a browser (opera) and mplayer open.

So, when you play the same in mplayer and opera
is _not_ running, the problem does _not_ occur, right?

> > i dont see a patern yet, but for example during
> > watching the movie the volume level keeps changing
> > accompanied by an audible pop.
> >
> > it could be an mplayer issue as well of course,
> > i am just writing here if anyone else is having
> > similar issues.  i have seen the a thread about
> > aucat and volume's but i am not using aucat or any
> > other audio daemon...

So mplayer is the only one talking to the audio device,
and opera running simuktaneously doesn;t enter into it, IMO.
Have you tried playing the same with a different player?

> You should paste a dmesg, and point out what audio drivers
> you are using.

and mixerctl -v and audioctl

> I am using azalia drivers, and I have experienced
> static in my mplayer audio when it should not be there. At
> times this static becomes constant (does not clear up in a few
> seconds), but can always be fixed by jumping the track 10 seconds
> back. A little time later and the static always creeps back in.

I have experienced similar problems with mplayer when
aucat was _not_ running. With aucat running, I never had
that problem.