hmm, on Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 01:43:01AM +0100, Pedro la Peu said that
> > i am trying to mount the mass storage on my LG GW620
> > android phone.
> >
> > ugen0 at uhub0 port 3 "LG Electronics Inc. LG Mobile USB Modem" rev
> 2.00/1.00 addr 2
>
> Your phone is not configured as OpenBSD needs.

for now, i am interested only in the umass component
of the phone, so ugen is fine.

i am not sure about the "check condition" errors:

probe(umass0:1:0): Check Condition (error 0) on opcode 0x0
probe(umass0:1:0): Check Condition (error 0) on opcode 0x0

but it seems like the umass part is working, i just can't
mount the msdos file system on the microsd card in the phone.

later i also tried putting that card from the phone into an
sd adapter and the result was the same: could not mount the card.

so it's not really a phone issue basically i think.

i also bought another card, and this one has no problem
being mounted both through the phone and/or in the sd
adaptor:

$ sudo fdisk sd1
Disk: sd1       geometry: 1973/255/63 [31711232 Sectors]
Offset: 0       Signature: 0xAA55
            Starting         Ending         LBA Info:
 #: id      C   H   S -      C   H   S [       start:        size ]
 0: 0C      0 130   3 -   1973 237  56 [        8192:    31703040 ] Win95 FAT32L
 1: 00      0   0   0 -      0   0   0 [           0:           0 ] unused
 2: 00      0   0   0 -      0   0   0 [           0:           0 ] unused
 3: 00      0   0   0 -      0   0   0 [           0:           0 ] unused

$ sudo disklabel sd1
# /dev/rsd1c:
type: SCSI
disk: SCSI disk
label: Android Phone
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 1973
total sectors: 31711232
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
boundstart: 0
boundend: 31711232
drivedata: 0

16 partitions:
#                size           offset  fstype [fsize bsize  cpg]
  c:         31711232                0  unused
  i:         31703040             8192   MSDOS

the offset on this one is interesting as well,
but gives the kernel no problems.

as more information is avaliable so should some
subjects change as well :]

any ideas what can i try with the other card?
it's not really important i guess, i could always
just format it, but perhaps it's a good corner
case for msdos because the other OS' have no problem
with it...

-f
--
you can never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.