On 22/04/2010, at 5:02 PM, sonjaya wrote:

> hi all ...
>
> i have problem installed maia in openbsd 4.6 , problem module perl file(1).
>
> Application/Module      Version   Status
> Perl                 :   5.10.0 : OK
> file(1)              :      N/A : NOT INSTALLED (required by Maia
Mailguard)
> Archive::Tar         :     1.58 : OK
>
> # file  -v
> file-4.24
> magic file from /etc/magic
> # whereis file
> /usr/bin/file
> # ln -s  /usr/bin/file /usr/local/bin/
>
> any clue how to solved this  ,
Never used it myself, have you tried Google?

Where is the error message coming from?  configtest.pl?

http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=16

<quote>Note:

There is a known issue with the file() utility in the configtest check.
Dont worry about this as Maia will still find and use  file() even if the
configtest says it is not installed. This will be fixed in the next Maia
release. Otherwise, PLEASE let me know if something in the port is not working
correctly.</quote>

HTH