My current development machine is failing... the fan turns on and off
in haphazard ways... today, it took me 3/4h to turn it back on, after
roughly 30 "FAN FAILURE" bios messages.

Out of warranty, I disassembled it (easy for thinkpads), found nothing
obvious, and put it back together (obviously no change).

Next time I reboot it, I have no idea whether it will come back.

It makes little sense to have it repaired:
- would cost a lot, and things will predictably fail again in a little while;
my experience being that, when a machine part fails, usually the rest is going
to die soon anyways;
- this laptop's gfx card is annoying anyways (nvidia), and prevents me
from working on some stuff (like ogle tweaks and audio changes, since the
gfx speed is so bad I can't do anything that involves synchronized audio/video)

So, I'm asking for donations. Antoine conveniently has a paypal account
(and lives in the same city I do), so this should be reasonably easy.
(Antoine, can you post details).

A donated laptop would help, but not that much. This is the primary machine
I use to hack on large stuff. It definitely needs to be MP, otherwise make
and dpb3 won't go forward, and it has to be ~2GHz or more, otherwise, I won't
be able to keep hacking on qt4 and the likes...

If you like the new changes in pkg_add or the ports tree, and want to say
thank you, you can do that in a very concrete way ;-)

Thanks for your attention.

--
        Marc