Lars Nooden wrote:

> On Wed, 5 May 2010, Geoff wrote:
> > There's a paper from Berkeley showing how a threaded program can
> > never be fully debugged and should be presumed to be broken,
> > probably fatally broken.
>
> Geoff, can you post the URL or any details that might help finding and
> retrieving that particular article or ones like it?
>
> /Lars

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2006/EECS-2006-1.pdf
first choice googling: threads berkeley

Choice quote: (quoting Sutter and Laurs)
"humans are quicly overwhelmed by concurrency and find it much more
difficult to reason about concurrent than sequential code. Even careful
people miss possible interleavings among even simple collections of
partially ordered operations."

Other than some stunts with data binding I don't think I've seen
anything that is competent to handle partial orders. And that one breaks
down horribly if storage cells take on more than one value during execution.