No one has time to provide examples for an email list.  I said in my writeup
that I didn't care for the heavyweight RUP. But I've used in several places
the UML for documentation.  However, if you think that no one is successfully
using UML processes for documentation my suggestion is that you get to a few
UGs to talk to a few people in the flesh.

I meant that you obviously aren't lucky enough to work with good people.  If
you want to make something of that, that's fine with me.  I can flame too
(since that is the specialty of this list).  But you say it will always end in
tears and I say that you are not correct.  That is the nice way to say it.  At
least you did _not_ say that the "code is the documentation".  But you are
wrong that UML never works.  Rational's tools I've not had luck with, but I
stand by my previous writeup on UML.

Again, I'm unafraid of a flame if you want to start it.  But I also have a
3-year-old,  so pointless back-and-forth is something I'm adept at right now.