Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I'm just not totally up to speed on
the finer details of NAT.

I have built a firewall router using a Soekris Net5501.  It has 4 NICs, one
not used.  They are as follows:

vr0 = Connected to DSL modem.  No IP address.  Given as $ExtIF in pf.conf.
vr1 = Connected to Gb switch.  Public IP.  Given as $IntIF in pf.conf.
vr2 = Connected to same Gb switch.  Private IP.  $LocalIF in pf.conf.

My public net is referred to as $DMZnet and the local net is $IntNet.

vr0 and vr1 are bridged together as bridge0.

I am giving the local clients Internet access via NAT:

nat log on $IntIF from ! $IntIF to any -> $IntIF

The clients use the local IP of the firewall, 192.168.1.254, as their default
gateway.
All this works just fine until I try to put another server on the public net.
When I point that server's gateway at the public IP of the router ($IntIF),
it's blocked by the NAT.  I understand that this is NAT doing its job by
blocking packets it doesn't know about, but what do I do about a gateway for
the DMZ net hosts?  I don't want to use the ISP's gateway, I'd rather use the
router.  How can I make the router accept traffic from DMZ net hosts as a
gateway?  I've thought of using the currently-unused fourth NIC to give it a
second public IP, but that's wasteful.  I'm hoping this can be done purely in
pf.

thanks,
Jeff