On 05/07/10 16:59, Frank Bax wrote:
I've never printed from my OpenBSD desktop.
I've used lpd on Windows to print to HP printers with "HP JetDirect".

I read the recent thread about lpd/postscript.

Will I be able to use lpd to print to any "HP JetDirect" printer?

I'm looking at getting an HP 1518ni colour laser.

Does "HP postscript level 3 emulation" qualify as "postscript support"

Frank

If your printer is postscript, LPRng + apsfilter is a simple way to install. It is also very lightweight.

If apsfilter has your printerdriver for non-postscript, it also works.

There are a few small details of dealing with lpr,lpd,lpq,lpc in a different location.

Most people seem to prefer to use cups. But it has so many hassles built in to it. I don't care for it