On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 06:00:24PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> News:
>
> Its been almost three weeks since we fixed a bug with the stats collector
> that was causing alot of reportings to get lumped under 'Panama', and our
> numbers are back up (or above) where they were before we effectively
> re-set the statistics.

If there's a less scientific examination of the impact and reach of
various BSD distributions, I've yet to see it.

"This sample represents users of the given BSD operating systems that
opted in to install a data collection program."

"...we are trying to demonstrate to hardware and software vendors out
there that *BSD should be viewed as a serious operating system, not just
as a hobbyist system, for support (ie. hardware drivers) purposes."

Your poll will have zero influence on hardware manufacturers to increase
support of any particular BSD.  You know what will?  Your money.  If a
manufacturer or wholesaler wants to ignore your favorite OS, you:

1) Ask them to support your OS.
2) Spend your money on a manufacturer or vendor that supports your OS.
3) Remind the original vendor that they lost your money, WHY they lost
your money, and where it went.

Money talks, polls get ignored.

--
Jason Dixon