Hi,
On Sat, 29 May 2010 18:25:12 +0700, a b <obsdmisc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I've got a curious problem with a test I've been doing with bgpd on 4.7
release.  Hopefully someone can point out where I am going wrong.

Test Layout
:
BSD01 -> EBGP01
BSD02 -> EBGP01

BSDxx are both 4.7 release BGP speakers in
private ASN 64550 (OSPF running between them as IGP)
EBGP01 is a non OpenBSD
BGP speaker in private ASN 65432 (just sending default route for test
purposes)

BSD01 does not appear to be receiving routes from BSD02 (in this
case, it should be learning a higher pref default route from BSD02 over IBGP)
on BSD01 :
# bgpctl show sum
Neighbor     AS    MsgRcvd   MsgSent   OutQ
Up/Down  State/PrfRcvd
BSD02    64550   19             19               0
00:15:25         0
EBGP BOX 65432 20           19               0
00:17:09         1

#bgpctl show rib
*>  0.0.0.0/0   172.16.99.254  400 0
65432 i

on BSD02 :
# bgpctl show sum
Neighbor                   AS
MsgRcvd   MsgSent   OutQ  Up/Down
State/PrfRcvd
BSD01    64550   121
125             0
00:20:25       1
EBGP BOX 65432 1163          1188
0         01:17:09         1

#bgpctl show rib
I*> 0.0.0.0/0  172.16.99.254
400 0 65432 i
* 0.0.0.0/0  172.16.99.254 100 0 65432 i

bgpd.conf from
BSD01 :

PEER_ASN="65432"
LOCAL_ASN="64550"
MY_ID="192.168.152.1"
REMOTE_IP="172.16.99.254"
IBGP_PEER="192.168.152.2"
LO1_IP="192.168.152.1"

AS
$LOCAL_ASN
router-id $MY_ID
holdtime 180
holdtime min 3
fib-update yes

group
"transit 65432" {
set localpref 400
remote-as $PEER_ASN
neighbor $REMOTE_IP {
descr "EBGP BOX"
announce self
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think you need to re-assess that. from man (5) bgpd.conf

 announce (all|none|self|default-route)
If set to none, no UPDATE messages will be sent to the neighbor. If set to default-route, only the default route will be announced
             to the neighbor.  If set to all, all generated UPDATE messages
will be sent to the neighbor. This is usually used for transit AS's and IBGP peers. The default value for EBGP peers is self,
             which limits the sent UPDATE messages to announcements of the
             local AS.  The default for IBGP peers is all.

Which, you need to have sth like:

network 0.0.0.0/0

}
}