On 1 June 2010 16:30, What you get is Not what you see
<wygin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Freshly installed on openbsd 4.6 mysql,php and php5-mysql packages.
> Done the configs. Now php and mysql works. But I couldnt make it
> connect to mysql from within php with such a command
> mysql_connect("localhost","user","pass")
> It used to give "Cant connect to mysql through socket error" till I
> change the command to
> mysql_connect(127.0.0.1,"user","pass")
> I want to learn why?

As you've been already told, this is because default apache is
chrooted and thus cannot access mysql socket.
To correct it, just do

# mkdir -p /var/www/var/run/mysql
# ln -f /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock /var/www/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock

--
The best the little guy can do is what
the little guy does right