My first programming primer (Fortran ... them days) had a very concise
delineation of the difference between neat programming and the much
more common alternative -- "given a big enough engine, even brick will
fly". I never cared for the american "muscle" cars but was always
fascinated with the slick european sports cars. I guess that is the
same attraction I have for OpenBSD. I also find that the currently
popular obsession with CPU cores, GHz and GBs is nothing more than the
computer version of the muscle car. (yes, I am aware that there are
specialized applications that do require the use of a monster-sized
dump truck with an engine to match, but in reality how many places have
a genuine need of a database that even with fully optimized design
requires that much physical RAM?)