I don't believe there is any way to do this at this time but I thought
I would ask anyway. I am looking at using smtpd(8) to be a "backup" mx
where it essentially accepts mail for me and then when another machine
is back online it sends the mail on to that machine. I know this can
easily be done without verifying addresses but I would like to be able
to verify that the addresses exist. This is similar to Postfix's
relay_recipient_maps parameter. I know I can do this with other
software but smtpd(8) is fantastic and I would really like to stick
with it. Doing the job of a standard backup mx would be something
like:

accept from all for domain "example.com" relay

Is there any way to use a map to verify that u...@example.com exists?
I don't want to accept a bunch of spam for nonexistentu...@example.com
just for the primary mail server to reject it all later. Thank you.

Bryan