On 2010-06-29, BARDOU Pierre <bardo...@mipih.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to follow your advices, and I set :
> network 1.1.1.0/24
> network 1.1.1.0/25 set prepend-self 5

hmm, I meant that you should announce the larger network (/24) from
both sites, and the more-specific (/25) from each site.

e.g. from the main site:

network 1.1.1.0/24
network 1.1.1.0/25

and from the backup site:

network 1.1.1.0/24
network 1.1.1.128/25

No need to mess about with prepends for this.

> The /25 appears on the RIB of router A, but not in ISP A router RIB.
> Why ? My only filter rule is "allow from any"

Are you absolutely certain you have "allow from any" everywhere
that you need it?

> A few details :
> * 1.1.1.0/24 is for testing purposes an used only in my (isolated) lab. I have
> a true /24, registered with RIPE.

It is still bad practice. What if someone were to use your registered
/24 in their test network, and then accidentally announce it to the internet?
Sometimes things which "shouldn't happen" do; the point of this is to avoid
breaking other people's networks when things go wrong.

> * I have an MPLS VPN between my two sites, which uses different wires from
> Internet
> * I didn't knew the issue about propagating a /25 to the internet. Thanks for
> the information, I'll have to think about that before setting this in
> production...

Yes, something like the "allow from any inet prefixlen 8 - 24" in the
sample bgpd.conf (i.e. don't allow longer prefixes) is pretty common
practice in many networks.