4.7, but it only fix the hardware initialization. I've got all interface available in ifconfig and known by the kernel but thoses who useally don't get initialized doesn't work when you plug the cable, there must be a similar problem when bringing up the link.

The problem, I fixed on hw_init was simply a failing mutex (in if_em_hw.c) . When interrogating the PHY registers at the end of em_setup_copper_link(), if the PHY is busy, the function em_read_phy_reg() return an error (E1000_ERR_PHY) which is brought on the function stack and lead to hardware initialization failure... So i took the code from e1000_82575.c of the freebsd project and this is over. Now this is uglyly coded, it need to be rewritten to feet with the OpenBSD em(4) philosophy which is totaly different from freebsd em/igb code. I will be busy at work but i'll try to keep on working on that during my free time. If somebody wants to help/go on, mail me ;)

PS: I'll have fiber card soon, we'll see they have the same problem.

Fred

Le 29/06/2010 18:29, w...@wootsie.com a icrit :
4.6 or 4.7 code?

-Bill

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Fridiric URBAN