> And you're lucky if you don't need Unicode. For me that's a big
> show-stopper on a desktop machine. Once OpenBSD gets UTF-8, there
> won't be just any reason for me not to use it on a laptop. All my
> hardware (Thinkpad X200s) is supported, all the apps I need are there.
> It's just that I don't want to think about the encoding of the files I
> get on USB sticks, etc. There should be some UTF-love coming to 4.8, I
> believe.

By the way, my friend and I were thinking about implementing Unicode in
OpenBSD's userland, as part of a plan to learn encoding and C since we
are Computer Science/Engineering students. Is there any work going on on
this? We are thinking about doing this next month, since we will be on
vacation...

Since we are noobs, I can't guarantee we will actually do it, but
at least _I_ will try.

We never developed a serious project, and I don't know how
difficult this will be. Any advice?

By the way, is it required for us to use current to do this?