On Jul 13 08:55:03, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Feb 21 14:04:01, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:29:15AM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> > > can people recommend a good uaudio card?
> >
> > It depends on what you want to use it for.
> >
> > I use a m-audio mobilepre for recording and listening music;
> > it's class compliant does 16-bit stereo at 48kHz, and the
> > sound is excellent. It has a stereo preamp and a phantom
> > power, which is handy.
>
> Thank you for the recommendation. I just bought me one,
> and I am very satisfied with the sound.
>
> I disabled the onboard azalia, so that the mobilepre
> becomes audio0. Now the device reports as
>
> uaudio0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "M Audio MobilePre" rev
> 1.10/1.03 addr 2
> uaudio0: audio rev 1.00, 9 mixer controls
> audio0 at uaudio0
>
> Can you please share your mixerctl output on the Mobile Pre?

I just found that the 1/8" stereo mic input (on the back)
doesn't work. Is there a way (in hardrware or software)
to specify which of the inputs should be used? Does
this happen automagically, in some hard-wired preference?
(Such as: XLR inputs if plugged; if not, 1/4" TRS inputs if plugged;
if not, the 1/8 stereo mic input)

        Jan