Hello All,

I want to try to use pppoe with kernel ppp in an attempt to improve
performance.  So, I have a pppoe0 device configured and connection
established properly.  The box that runs kernel pppoe is obviously my
gateway machine.  If I am on the gateway machine, performance is decent.  If
I am on one of my other boxes, performance really drops to the point of
dialup.  I made certain to rm -f /etc/mygate as one wiki suggested but it
had no effect.  If I use userland pppoe, I don't have this problem so I
think that both my NIC cards are okay.  The nic card connected to my DSL
modem is bge0 and the nic for my home network is em0.  My home network is
10.40.60.0/24.  I know I have NAT correctly configured because I can ping
google.com from one of the other boxes.  Do you have any hints as to how I
can troubleshoot this further?  Below is my configuration for the
hostname.pppoe0 :

inet 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 NONE pppoedev bge0 authproto pap authname
"<myauthname>" authkey "<myauthkey>" up
dest 0.0.0.1
!/sbin/route add default 0.0.0.1

Thank you,