Oops, I replied to individuals... Sorry...

---

Bruce Khereid
 to Olivier

4:55 PM (18 hours ago)

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did the configuration for the X Server, by adding an option "XkbLayout" in
Section "InputDevice" for the keyboard, in xorg.conf. I think that's what
you meant by "global X configuration"? Sorry that I entered a wrong option
name in the previous mail.

What I don't understand is that does FVWM receive original hardware keycode
or something translated to letters according to the layout specified in
xorg.conf? Sorry but I'm not familiar with X protocol.

Thank you!

---

Olivier Mehani
 to me

5:01 PM (18 hours ago)

Hi again, Bruce,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 04:55:25PM +0800, Bruce Khereid wrote:
> I did the configuration for the X Server, by adding an option "XkbLayout"
in
> Section "InputDevice" for the keyboard, in xorg.conf. I think that's what
> you meant by "global X configuration"? Sorry that I entered a wrong option
> name in the previous mail.

Yep, that's what I weant by global, which also rules my explanation out.

> What I don't understand is that does FVWM receive original hardware
keycode
> or something translated to letters according to the layout specified in
> xorg.conf? Sorry but I'm not familiar with X protocol.

I don't either. I'm pretty sure it gets the mapped symbols rather than
direct keycodes, but can't explain the behaviour of FVWM... Did you have
a llok at the logs (though I'm not sur it will mention anything about
sucessful shortcut assignment...)?

---

Bruce Khereid
 to Christoph

11:19 AM (5 minutes ago)

Cool! It works now. Thanks to all of you!