Hi,

I've recompiled my system(s) several times in order to follow -stable,
but (now?) see this problem:

# savecore -v /var/crash/
dumpoff = 4838922240 (9451020 * 512)
savecore: /bsd: kvm_dump_mkheader: invalid magic in cpu_hdr
savecore: no core dump

# savecore -v /var/crash/
dumpoff = 16386560 (32005 * 512)
savecore: /bsd: kvm_dump_mkheader: invalid magic in cpu_hdr
savecore: no core dump

I see it on both i386 and amd64 systems.

Since this appears to be very close to bug #1461, which was declared
fixed years ago, I'm wondering whether I did something stupid while
compiling the system(s), or if the bug has re-appeared.

I'd also like to know whether the OpenBSD developers prefer to have
such vague messages in Gnats, or whether they prefer them here on the
list.

TIA!

Kind regards,
--Toni++