> >> i have just managed to "mount" an ffs partition
> >> as msdos.  the the system promptly dies.
> >>
> >> $ sudo fdisk sd0
> >> Disk: sd0       geometry: 120/255/63 [1935360 Sectors]
> >> Offset: 0       Signature: 0xAA55
> >>             Starting         Ending         LBA Info:
> >>  #: id      C   H   S -      C   H   S [       start:        size ]
> >> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>

> >>  0: A6      0   1   1 -    119 254  63 [          63:     1927737 ]
> >> OpenBSD      1: 00      0   0   0 -      0   0   0 [
> >> 0:           0 ] unused       2: 00      0   0   0 -      0   0   0
> >> [           0:           0 ] unused       3: 00      0   0   0 -
> >> 0   0   0 [           0:           0 ] unused
> >> $ sudo mount -t msdos -o nodev,nosuid,-x,-l,-m666 /dev/sd0a /mnt
> >> $
> >> [dead system]
> >>
> >> can anybody reproduce this?
> >>
> > If I plug my 110volt computer into a 220volt socket, it will promptly
> > die too!
> >
> > Why on earth would you even try to do this?
> >

> That's no excuse. The point here is that any unprivileged user can hang
> the system at will.

I don't see an unprivleged user.

I see root performing the mount, since only root can perform mounts
(unless a sysctl is activated, which noone uses).

Hey look everyone, it's another uneducated user mouthing off on a noisy
mailing list.  He goes blah blah blah, loving the sound of his own noise.

There's no excuse for what he's saying.  If he gave a damn about anything
except his own noise he'd go look at the code and find out why this happened.