Hi,

I seem to recall that there was some discussion (in a Claudio presentation
IIRC) about OBSD potentially supporting h/w based forwarding at some time in
the distant future.

At a first glance, this (NetFPGA) project appears to be the kind of thing
that's needed to kick start such an activity:

http://netfpga.org/foswiki/bin/view/NetFPGA/OneGig/LearnMore

And the license appears to be appropriate (BSD style) at least for the
exisiting code, not sure about the h/w docs.

http://netfpga.org/foswiki/bin/view/NetFPGA/OneGig/License

So, my question is, if there is currently any interest by any of the devs,
such that it would be worth my while to try organise a donation pot ( ~1k USD)
and  ordering/transporting a couple to them ?

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=NETFPGA&Nav1=Products&Nav
2=Programmable

(Alternatively this email can rot in the misc@ archive, so that next time
someone wonders, the answer will be ready google'able)

/Pete