On 07/28/10 04:44, open...@e-solutions.re wrote:
Hi,

I have th following aim : Master OpenBSD, pass BSDP(OpenBSD)exam when this
one will be available.
I have good knowledege on TCP/IP;PF use
Is there a good training center in French or English language?
(I will be ready to buy a plane ticket.)
With these covered topics :
INSTALLATION
UNIX BASIC COMMAND LINE
NETWORK CONFIGURATION
ADMINISTRATION(Web Hosting, Mailserver, Proxy Cache, DNS, LDAP,SSH)
VPN(Site to Site, Nomade use (Home with mac/PC))
BACKUP AND RESTORE
HARDENNING THE BOX

Concrete with re-bar works well for hardening the box.
As far as the software, OpenBSD comes "pre-hardened".
Nothing really needs to be changed for security.
Use good passwords and long passwords is about all you have to do.

VIRTUALISATION with QEMU
PF with CARP

Thank's

My advice is to setup a server with some websites (doesn't matter if the are "real" or bogus) and learn to deal with the problems that pop-up. Be sure to get an ISP with remote IP-KVM so you can fix any mistakes that lock you out.

Throw on a mail server, make some different types of connections with your home box, etc.

Training is good to get, but getting down in the trenches seems to be essential.

I learned to use OpenBSD by setting up a server for my websites, then I added to my home computers.