> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:01:08 +0200

> I am also very interested in this features (encrypted root, swap, raid
> 1, key on a i.e. usb stick, boot from kernel from RO media etc.)
>
> A few things work with minor configuration work, others are not
> supported yet.
>
> I am new to openBsd and at the moment I am totally out of free time, but
> I plan to understand and later work on such thinks. Maybe we could
> exchange experiences.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Andreas

I think it's impossible to create trusted bootloader which would not be
affected
by physical attacks, see here:

http://theinvisiblethings.blogspot.com/2009/10/evil-maid-goes-after-truecrypt
.html

Thus even bootloader would be able to open softraid crypto device, it could be
tampered.

I'm going to create a usb stick with minimal installation on which I will
carry checksums
of files in '/' and I'm going to scan '/' for tampered files before "normal"
boot.
I do not know any better solution. I don't know if there can be some other
shit which
could somehow get my passphrase for softraid (bios, mbr...)? Is it
theoretically
possible?

jirib