On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 09:28:34PM -0700, Luis Cortes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got -current running on a Toshiba Tecra M10-S3454 laptop.
> Everything seems to be working ok.  However, I've got no audio and I
> really would like to get this working.
>
> I also noticed the patch that was provided earlier in this thread but
> I'm reluctant to try it since I get nothing from mixerctl and
> audioctl.

well, you shouldn't apply patches unless you know what they are for.
your problem is something completely different.

> Not sure what else to try.  Can someone point me in the right direction.

> azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801I HD Audio" rev 0x03:
> apic 1 int 22 (irq 255)
> azalia0: invalid CORBSZCAP: 0x 0
> azalia0: initialization failure, detaching

don't think I've ever seen that one before.

build a kernel with AZALIA_DEBUG defined (you can uncomment the #define
in src/sys/dev/pci/azalia.h), boot it and send me the dmesg off-list.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org