Hi,

thanks for the answer!

On Sat, 14.08.2010 at 09:45:30 +0000, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:
> If they are indeed different bios versions (you can probably tell
> from the dmesg lines that you do see, as the BIOS version is printed
> quite early), and you can get something that can run flashrom booted
> on them, you can extract bios from a working one and flash it to a
> non-working one... (double-check they are the same motherboard though).

I have no way to check for the same motherboard, except by disasembling
the device and trusting any printed information that might or might not
be there. But it's worth a try. My supplier is already looking into
this issue of possible BIOS uppgrades.

> On 2010-08-13, Toni Mueller <openbsd-m...@oeko.net> wrote:
> > Having said that, what is the current common wisdom for reliable small
> > CPE boxes that are reliable enough to be safely upgraded remotely, and
> > will be safe to upgrade for several upcoming releases?
>
> Alix? X7SLA? Depends totally what you're looking for...

I'm looking for a low-power box that can handle up to some 15-20 MBit/s
of IPSEC traffic with ease, has two or more nics, and not much else.
I'd prefer to have 1 gig of RAM, though.

Low power means that I really want to stay below 30 watts, but
preferably come close to 10 watts. The current machines with C7, 1 gig
of RAM and notebook drive suck some 22 watts.

Kind regards,
--Toni++