Okay, and the divert (4) man page says that outbound packets,
after being reinjected, "are processed directly by the relevant
IP/IPv6 output function," so I probably can't get pf to take
another look at them so that "route-to" will apply.

If I were feeling brave and wanted to mess with this in the
kernel, should I try to get the packet's routing changed
after processing?  Or would it be less insane for me to
try to play with the routing before the divert?