On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 01:14:37PM -0500, Jacob Yocom-Piatt wrote:
>  On 10/06/10 00:22, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> >Just for fun.
> >

> since i don't bother with freebsd much i have to guess this is a result
> of the project being US-based and containing integrated crypto.

I have several small projects housed at sourceforge.net that fall under a
similar export restriction because they are housed there.  Just using the
arc4random() stuff (from OpenSSH) for linux requires one to report it to
the US government because it uses crypto (OpenSSL) afaik.  I believe the US
government put pressure on sourceforge.net to adhere to export restrictions
even if the developer is from outside of the US.  Could it be that the same
happened to FreeBSD and that's why the license change?

regards,

-peter