On 10/06/10 12:50, Theo de Raadt wrote:

Then you may be detained next time you attempt to travel
internationally.

You are free to stay at home, though.

I'm not trying to be a wise-acre here, I agree with Theo 100%. I doubt anyone wants to be screwed by customs (anywhere) due to licencing issues. I also don't doubt that customs would dig deep to find "dirt" if they really wanted to.

My question is: Has it ever happened to anyone?

Has anyone actually had a customs agent say "Wait a minute, you're using /foo/ OS. You can't be crossing our border."

No flames please; I'm just curious. I realize the distinction here is between it not being possible (OpenBSD) and theoretically possible (FreeBSD).