* Fred Crowson <fred.crow...@gmail.com> [101007 12:12]:
> Hi misc@
>
> Can any one share any wisdom on connecting to an Oracle DB from OpenBSD?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

Typically, applications leverage the Oracle client libraries to connect
to the database.  Oracle does not provide these libraries for OpenBSD.

A couple options:

Perl DBI Proxy
Linux Oracle client running under emulation
Perhaps ODBC (however I believe this needs the Oracle client too)

I have used the Perl DBI Proxy option successfully.  The caveat is
increased complexity since you need the proxy running on a host with the
Oracle client.  Just more parts to break/manage.

One other thought, change databases to Postgresql, MySQL, or SQL Server
which all have client software in the ports tree.

Best regards,
jim@