Hi,

I am trying to set up my firewalls with carp.
I thought everything was working fine, one was set as Master and one as
Backup, I then rebooted the Master and the Backup changed to Master as
expected, however when the one that was rebooted came back online, it set its
self back to Master, but the other box also stayed as Master, so they were
running as Master/Master.
I ran  ifconfig -g carp  and the one I wanted to be master was set to 1, and
the one I wanted to be slave was set as 10 (which I changed manually to 50)
but they both stayed as Master?!

On both machines, I have allowed carp and pfsync between both firewalls:

pass on $ExtIf inet proto carp   keep state label "Pass Carp"
pass quick on { bge1 } proto pfsync keep state (no-sync)

Any ideas why they were both trying to be master?

Thanks,
Gary

***************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive
information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit
www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail