On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:32:48 +0000 (UTC)
Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2010-10-19, Massimo Lusetti <mass...@cedoc.mo.it> wrote:
> > Does it still doable nowadays to buy VIA padlock engine equipped
> > CPU/motherboard just to take advantage of the hw crypto
> > acceleration?
> >
> > I mean, to do IPSec stuff it's better to use a 1.5GHz VIA C7 CPU o
> > an ATOM one?
>
> To do fast IPsec AES, it's better to use core i5 and -current.

Well, thanks for the info but I think I cannot use that kind of
boxes in this specific environment cause I need fanless boxes.

I've to replace Commell boards so I'm looking for something similar
(maybe fanless too) with 2/3/4 nics

I remember we chatted about this three/four years ago?

Anyany thanks again for the pointer...

Cheers
--
Massimo