Ted Unangst wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Clint Pachl<pa...@ecentryx.com>  wrote:
1. Core Duo 32-bit (T60) or Core 2 Duo 64-bit (T61)? I've only used i386,
should I think about amd64?
Are you sure about that? I didn't think they made any T60s with plain
Core chips, though I could be wrong.  My T60 has a Core 2, anyway.
Regardless of whether you want 64-bit or not, the Core 2 performance
is considerably better.

Actually, the T60 comes with 32-bit (T2xxx) or 64-bit (T[57]xxx) processors:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-62487

Core Duo T2500 processor: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27236

I've seen T60 with Core or Core 2 selling here locally on craigslist. I figured, if I go with a 64-bit Core 2, I would just opt for the T61 with the slightly faster bus and supposedly lower acoustics. Plus they are selling for the same price.