On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:48:51 +0200
Toni Mueller <openbsd-m...@oeko.net> wrote:

> Also, Linux is better supported by hardware vendors, and/or much less
> picky about hardware than OpenBSD is.

Ironically, I've found a system, don't know whether it's bios setup or
what, I haven't put my finger on it yet but I can't believe it's the
sony dvd drive. You boot off it with windows 7, you need cd driver to
continue install, boot off debian, it asks for cd driver to continue
install, boot off OpenBSD and everything is fine. :-)

There are other examples two, it's not just a one way street, though
there's more traffic on the other side.

> If you are indifferent between the hackishness of iptables and the
> elegance of pf, then go with Linux because of the better hardware, and
> keep your fingers crossed that none of the security problems hit you
> (you're going to build a firewall, after all, right?).

If your hardware works or you have hardware that works (very very
likely), then use OpenBSD.