James A. Peltier wrote:

> Now, that said, is there anything that you could recommend instead of NFSv4
> for offering secure file services to multiple platforms?

Apache with SSL may be a solution. I've used it on small scale projects.
 You can auth users against LDAP, AD, etc. Should work with any client
that has a SSL capable web browser/client of some sort. It's very
portable, file system and client agnostic.

The one downside (IMO) is that the clients won't see it as a native file
system mount, but there are interfaces available and you can always
write your own or customize one to fit your needs.

Your own little dropbox-ish solution.

Brad