* Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk> [2010-11-14 17:43]:
> I'd say drop mode saves some resources in case of dos

no. if the attack is doen using the stack of the atacking host(s),
sending the damn RAT back will ave you ressources.

> I don't see timeouts for users connecting to the wrong place
> as a big problem at all, though the messages may help them
> very occasionally.

uh, no, there is much more to that.

> I wonder whether a labrea/stutter type option for pf would be cool in
> some cases?

i wonder wether people do some research before posting to misc.
hmm. no. not really.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de