Hi all,

A note for the archives and a question:

I was experiencing frequent freezes after resuming from suspend on my
Thinkpad X40.  It would happen intermittently when suspending from X.
Upon resuming, I would be at the first virtual terminal and could type
things, but pressing enter would do nothing.  Attempting to switch to
another virtual terminal would lock up the machine, requiring a
reboot.

This Thinkpad has an option in the bios called Redisafe which prepares
the hibernate file before suspending, and is supposed to be safer.
Disabling this option fixed this issue.

I'd like this machine to automatically suspend when the battery is
about to die.  I could do this with a crontab entry that calls a
script which calls `apm -m`, but I'm wondering if there is another
way.  How do the rest of you accomplish this?

Finally, the suspend/hibernate support for this laptop is excellent.
Thanks developers.

Best regards,
Joe