On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 09:57:22AM +0800, Edwin Eyan Moragas wrote:
> Hi Misc,
>
> i'm looking for experience of using SQLite on OpenBSD.
>
> if anybody in the list can share
>
> 1) how SQLite is being used

I use it left and right on a product we are developing and it is very
very good and easy to use.  The API is surprisingly good considering the
underlying complexity.  The docs are pretty good once you get a grip on
the API but the threshold is relatively high.

> 2) size of the database

We use them in all kinds of sizes and we will use it in the (100s of)
millions of records in the near future.  So far I have not seen any
issues.

> 3) performance metrics (if you have them)

I have no metrics for you just some advice.  Use the prepare/commit
thing and life is good.  If you don't then you'll get max 160 inserts
per second.

> anything about SQLite on OpenBSD. link would be appreciated too.

I just used the sqlite webpages at http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html

Again the docs are very good but require "practice".

The only thing I don't like is not having access to a non-sql API.  One
of the things I use it for is for a basic b+tree and I really could have
done without the sql shiz.

That said, I have nothing ugly to say about it and in fact am very
pleased with it.