On 09/12/10 22:20, James Hozier wrote:
My ISP refuses to modify any DNS settings and won't give me a static IP address
 without a business account, so no proper reverse DNS. I don't have the
resources to run my own nameservers, so what alternatives do I have in terms of
running my own mailserver?

You'll probably want to use some free dns servers online (like freedns.afraid.org). Maybe another ISP might help in getting a static IP. I have a residential line, from a mostly-business ISP, who charges $250 for a symettric static-ip connection. It sucks, but I run lots of my own stuff at home.