On 12/13/10 09:52, Nick Jones wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 at 22:55:59 +0800, Denise H. G. wrote:
FWIW, I'm running -current with BIGMEM enabled on my X200 and it's
running fine.  I've attached the output of dmesg and pcidump -v for
reference.

Kernel is generic otherwise, just renamed.

Great! Did you recompile your kernel? Or just modified your kernel by
using config(8) ? I am rather new to OpenBSD...

You need to amend:

/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c

And change the relevant line (1183 in the -current source I checked out
yesterday) so that it says:

int bigmem = 1;

Then recompile your kernel as per the FAQ, reboot, and cross your fingers.
Report your success (or failure) here.

Be aware that you are treading on unproven and unsupported ground, and the devs are not interested in hearing about bigmem related problems.

Here is a PR I submitted not to long ago that was immediately closed because it was based on a bigmem kernel:

http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-wrapper?full=yes&numbers=6453

At the bottom of this lengthy bug report is the response of the dev who closed it.

Jeff Ross