* Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> [2011-01-06 18:04]:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 10:43:51AM -0500, Ben Adams wrote:
> > I know OpenBSD is built for security.
> > Using OpenBSD with bigmem on Mysql and PHP (No need for apache) machine.
> > How much of a preformance difference is there from FreeBSD??
> > Looking for % or TBS or QBS.
> >
> > Machines will be mini 1U.
> > one Quad core and 8GB of ram.
> >
> > Thanks and yes OpenBSD is built for security. Just looking for performance
> > difference.
>
> The only way to answer this is to do the measurements yourself, using
> *your* hardware and *your* application.

absolutely.

in most cases there isn't much of a difference.
in a few cases - that tend to be picked to support an argument, wether
they matter in reality or not - there is a substantial difference. in
both directions.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de