On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:05:26AM -0500, Nick Holland wrote:
> Try using ifconfig like the examples at the bottom of the man page, it
> will work just fine...
>
> # ifconfig vr0 inet 10.196.100.206 netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> exactly why your syntax doesn't work, I didn't find in a quick glance at
> ifconfig(8), but the examples will work.
>

> It can be done just fine with hostname.if, if done properly.  You didn't
> show what you did, so I can't say what you did wrong, but see
> hostname.if(5), and rest assured a lot of people set their netmasks.
> Just about everyone, one way or another. :)
>
> Nick.
Hello, Nick!
Thanks for the answer: it was stupid me, with wrong syntax in
hostname.if file (taken from the net, not from the man, because i did
not know about that file existence)

Sorry for the noise,

--

Old mercenaries never die. They go to hell and regroup.

With best regards, Mikle Krutov, Bercut ltd. Technical Support department