Hello all,

I've recently watched this talk from 27c3:
http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2010/27c3-4123-en-defense_is_not_dead.html

Very well spent hour.

I assume that since OpenBSD's crowd main goal is security, some of you
might have considered using such techniques to improve the critical pieces
of your code. Since these techniques are not in widespread use over the
OpenBSD code base I also assume that you have some decent arguments against
their use.

I understand there are lincensing issues (nonfree nature of microsoft vcc
and french compcert), but putting these aside, what are your
practical/technical reasons for not using them?

--

Jure PeD
ar