Am 21.01.2011 10:42, schrieb Stuart Henderson:
On 2011-01-21, Markus Hennecke<markus-henne...@markus-hennecke.de>  wrote:

There was a well known bug that would cause vr devices to stop receiving
and sending traffic if a short cable was used to connect to the switch

you're thinking of sis(4) for the short cable problem.

there was a problem with VT6105M with vr(4) fixed 2009/04/28
where some link-state changes caused the nic to wedge.

Ah, thanks for that information. I meant the latter but did not have all the facts available (I think the first time this got meantioned on the list was in 2007 in the thread "vr driver trouble on Soekris 5501").

there was also a problem with the MCLGETI code (added on 2009/06/18)
where high packet rates (or possibly a busy machine) caused the
nic to wedge. a fix for this was committed recently (2011/01/13).

Looks like I am seeing this on my box here from time to time. Thanks for the information.

Kind regards,
  Markus