On 2011-01-31, Martin Schmitt <m...@scsy.de> wrote:
> Now I'm in trouble! ;-)
>
> I've been using IPv6 via tunnel for a while, with decent success.
>
> Lately, I have found an ISP here in Germany who hands out free native
> IPv6 access, which is to be used on top of the existing DSL line. And I
> already have an account with them.
>
> How do I configure PPPoE for IPv6? Is the example from pppoe(4), with
> the 0.0.0.0 etc. dummy addresses, also valid for a pure IPv6 connection,
> or do I have to set it up in a different way? (I have never before
> configured PPPoE on OpenBSD.)

ppp (ipv6cp) only deals with setting link-local addresses for
ipv6, so you will need some other method to configure a global
address. presumably you are running this machine as a router
and therefore can't use rtsol.

if you have a static address, you can hand-configure.
something like this works for me (I'm in the UK and using
ADSL from bogons.net, who I thoroughly recommend)

cat >> /etc/hostname.pppoe0 << EOF
inet6 2001:4b10:f00:baa::1
!route add -inet6 default -iface 2001:4b10:f00:baa::1
EOF

if you have problems accessing some sites (e.g. ping6 is
ok but websites don't finish loading), note that pf doesn't
support v6 fragments yet, so you may need to use lower
scrub (max-mss) settings.