Sviatoslav Chagaev wrote:
Hi,

I want to buy a DELL Latitude D430 + a port replicator (for the DVI and
LPT ports).

Does this laptop work okay with OBSD?

How about the port replicator? Does it need any kind of support from
the OS (e.g. drivers) or is it just an electromechanical contraption?

Thanks.

I have loaded 4.6 or .7 on a D430 and don't remember any problems. Printer and serial worked, as did the optical drive I installed from. Ethernet and wifi worked on mine but wifi might depend on what adapter is in it. I never tried X or the DVI plug but X on other BSDs and UXes has worked fine in the past.

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX