Hello again,

On 8 Μαϊ 2014, at 23:12 , Panagiotis Atmatzidis <a...@convalesco.org> wrote:

> Greetings to everyone,
>
> I am trying to configure OpenSMTD with TLS + simple auth in order to be able
> to send email from my laptop and mobile using the server.
>
> [...]

I figure it out! The manuals says it but I missed it yesterday:

Password for 'username' must be produces using 'smtpctl encrypt <string>'. The
weird thing I noticed is that the produced output is not an ordinary hash. It
changes everytime smtpcl issued, for example:

> smtpctrl encrypt test

gives 3 different strings

$6$DpwJ66CLIaGwC.55$VTGkdBNBW9mGRmjUY0zZAsjGLYIKdpqK1R/lfSoAcnvjsaJbrXGrrb/TPYXTEk8TLlwSR5l7Li9LsB9uFE9Rg/
$6$wXJ.vQFyztde./Tl$vHsfacUMuPRWm25Jtyeh/BGp2v1JljtEzO4iOaETN0Y..74NSlI7jkuauhkJm7hLBi4pO81B/mL8aNiFogk7M1
$6$oFWDbMAuNrMeCdNJ$u98j5iYOddK.gt1WJm8DOn7qVvQlDLNd1PXD2N6GK8aSRrNz8/FlVbmS1YI0LrbupZDxwsB67bnJS/kIKzJyH/

I'm not into encryption but out of curiosity, how does the server know what to
use? :-)

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:  a...@convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0x1A7BFEC5
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1A7BFEC5

"As you set out for Ithaca, hope the voyage is a long one, full of adventure,
full of discovery [...]" - C. P. Cavafy