On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 06:49:50PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Gilles Chehade <gil...@poolp.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 05:08:36AM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> >
> > no, no new UID/username required
> >

> Curious, then, as to what kind of "privsep" this provides...

Just catching up on my mails, sorry for the delay.

We have abused the term "privsep", in this particular case it's not
really privileges separation but really vmem. space separation. The
goal was to isolate that code from the network, it could be done in
the lookup process (as done with first version) but it's just nicer
for us to have this done in a standalone process.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg