On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 09:42:56AM +0100, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people run OpenSMTP on
> > the offending systems compared to OpenBSD?

According to Debian popcon (an opt-in "popularity contest" for
packages), there are >= 19 people with opensmtpd installed on Debian.
https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=opensmtpd

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 07:17:12PM +0600, Denis Fateyev wrote:
> As an analogue, I can remember a mailing list thread in Debian where
> people were discussing Libressl packaging into Debian. They produced
> tens of messages but came to nothing at that point.

Indeed, Debian doesn't have libressl packaged yet, and as far as I know,
there's nobody actively working on packaging it either. Here's the
referenced discussion regarding getting it into Debian. There's been no
activity on it in a year an a half.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to take on packaging libressl
mysellf, nor do I want to take on the responsibility of maintaining it
long-term and dealing with any potential security vulnerabilities that
may arise in it, so it boils down to needing someone else to volunteer
to take care of it.

Happy holidays,
Ryan

--
|_)|_/  Ryan Kavanagh           | Debian Developer