Hello,
This is a very simple question but yet didn't find the answer.I have a machine
m1 which is a webserver. On openbsd there are daily reports and I want them to
be sent to an external address.
# grep ^root /etc/mail/aliasesroot: myexternaladdress@mydomain.orgAfter
modifying the aliases files I run the command newaliases
My opensmtpd configuration is very simplelisten on lo0table aliases
file:/etc/mail/aliasesaccept from local for any relay via smtp://192.168.1.1
As I'm writing this message I realise that the line table aliases
file:/etc/mail/aliases is useless, but fair enough
My problem is when I do: # mail -s "Resolv" root < /etc/resolv.conf it writes
to r...@m1.mydomain.org instead of myexternaladdress@mydomain.orgSo it looks
like the aliases file is ignored. Do you know why ?
What's the right way to do it ?My web server should use my local mail server as
a relay which is going to sign emails etc.
Thank you